We are excited to resume meeting in person for corporate worship starting Sunday May 17th at 11 a.m. We will follow governmental guidance for things like sanitation and seating arrangements and we advise members to follow governmental guidance as well.
To keep it simple, in the near future (and it won’t be forever), please observe the following:
- We will continue live-streaming our service for those who choose to worship from home. Please do not hesitate to join us virtually if you feel more comfortable doing so due to coronavirus-related risk factors. Virtual church is no substitute for embodied souls worshipping God together, but technology is a blessing that can help a momentary need.
- If you are not feeling well, or have a fever, please join us virtually from home.
- We are encouraging all in-person attendees to wear a mask. We may have those among us who are at higher risk, and wearing a mask is the simplest way to reduce the possibility of spread through air droplets. I want to sing at the top of my lungs with all of you! I feel confident that any airborne droplets expelled by me in doing so that could increase contagion risk for others will be satisfactorily trapped by my super awesome mask. I’m going to wear a mask so I can sing!
- We are encouraging all in-person attendees to proceed immediately to the washroom upon entering the building to wash hands and then to find a place in the auditorium. This will reduce congestion in our common areas, etc. that are too small to accommodate social distancing of many people.
- Please observe social distancing. I know this is difficult. I know we want to shake hands and hug one another. However, for the time being (and again, it won’t be long), it is wise for us to exercise an abundance of caution. I am willing to go a little longer without a hug for the sake of being able to meet in person.
We cannot wait to see you!